Wednesday 16 March 2011

GOING GREEN WITH SALADS



Everytime I make salads which are quite simple, I feel truly joyful. What a visual treat and how wonderful on the stomach! Need I mention the nutritional benefits when everyone is quite aware of how good vegetables are for us.

The picture is a simple salad I made using lots of cucumbers, carrot, yellow, orange and green bell pepper , salad leaves and boiled chicken pieces (now the chicken I optional). You could use some mint leaves for some zest if you wish.

I love the colours of  the bright vegetables like cucumber, salad leaves, the different coloured bell peppers, carrot, corn, beans, purple cabbage. The sight of assorted vegetables gives me a high! LOL. I am not a vegetarian, but I have decided to include less of meat in my diet  and lots more vegetables. I don’t add any dressing to my salad to cut down on the calories. I am fine with salt and pepper, maybe a dash of lime. That’s it. I want to relish the natural taste of  vegetables. The whole world is turning towards green and clean energy. How about going green with food?

No comments: