1. Enjoy / Savour Everyday : Pause now and then to savour ordinary events like the children playing, smelling coffee, admire the sight of flowers or trees as you drive or walk...Think of pleasant moments
2. Avoid Comparison: Everyone is unique. Comparing ourselves with others can be hurtful to our self esteem and well being. Instead of comparing, focus on our own talents, skills and personal accomplishements.
3. Don't let money and material things rule your life: People who obssess about money and seek satisfaction in material goods, are in risk for depression and anxiety. Satisfaction from both (money and material things) have a short life - it's fleeting.
4. Set meaningful goals: When you strive for some significant, you will be far more happier than those who don't have strong dreams and aspirations. Engage in activities that are personally significant and enjoyable, be it at work or at home.
5. Take initiative at work: How happy you are at work depends in part on how much initiative you take.
6. Treasure your family and make good friends: Happy people tend to have very close and supportive relationships with their families and friends. Build and nurture your relationships with love, care and understanding.
7. Smile even when you are not in mood for it: Happy people see possibilities, opportunities and success. Keep a positive outlook with practise.
8. Say Thankyou and mean it: Be grateful always for known and unknown blessings.
9. Exercise: Exercise is an antidote to depression and bad mood. It has so many health benefits. Exercise releases good endorphins and boosts your self esteem and energy levels.
10. Give : Volunteer, help a neighbour or friend or family member in need, donate goods, share your skill, celebrate others' success, give a listening ear to a friend.
All these 10 things...they are easy to follow...now try a few of them or all of them...and discover Happiness