Have you come across someone who thinks the whole world revolves around him, and the only conversation that happens is one sided where you are forced to listen to him speak incessantly of himself, his accomplishments, his needs and desires or even complaints. And when you want to contribute to the conversation, you are cut off instantly only to listen to more of what this person has to say about himself. Anyways, I came across this interesting painting depicting the concept of 'Me, myself and I".
What do you do with such kind of people in your life?
1. He or she is a long time friend, so you are pretty tolerant and let that person do all the talking. This person has so many interesting things to say anyway and there's so much happening in his or her life.
2. You actually want to tell this person 'Enough of you now...don't you want to know anything about me?' but you are tongue tied and give a listening ear until you can't stand it anymore and politely remind the person you have things to attend to.
3. Tell this person you are busy whenever he or she calls.
4. You try to talk to this person, find out if he has any problems, give this person some profound advice, no one else bothered to give, hoping he'd understand and change for the better. .
5 You don't entertain such people, you don't have the patience nor the time and so such people don't exist in your life.
6. You tell this person that he is so self absorbed that he should go for therapy