Saturday, 15 February 2014
Last week we were at the Mubarakiya Market festival. We had entered the market through the playground area after parking. Children at the playground seem to be busy and having so much fun. And I was busy clicking away with my camera, suddenly I see this aged man with a limp, appear with balloons and children rush towards him. Each of them waited excitedly for their turn to buy those colorful balloons. The balloon man looked between 70 and 75. May be more! He certainly brought joy to the children. What struck me is this man is still working at his age without letting the weather, or his physical limitations that he might have with age, come in the way of his business. I often wonder about people and situations who make good photos....There are times when I am tempted to talk to people whose photos I take, but then end up restraining myself...
On Valentine's Day, my husband took me out for dinner at Taal, Indian restaurant in Al Bida. Taal was specially decorated with hearts and balloons that looked quite nice besides the festive mood that it created. The beautiful live singing and guitar by Lewis Chapman and Mr. Fari was very enjoyable. They have such amazing voice. The food we ordered was delightful and the service was very good. Taal had a surprise for all the guests who dined on Valentine's day - complimentary drink, dessert - heart shaped cake and a red rose. We had a great time.
To know more about Taal restaurant, location and contact details visit :
Friday, 14 February 2014
Last week I passed by the Prestige district of Grand Avenues. I had covered all the other districts so far but never been to the Prestige and finally I made it. I can never seem to find enough time to cover the whole mall, it's so big and by the time I cover Avenues 1 & 2 and Grand Avenues, it would be several hours! There were hardly any shoppers at the Prestige compared to rest of the Grand Avenues. The beautiful architecture and design, is something that is bound to attract your attention before you notice all the high end shops.The place is vast and spacious bathed in right amount of sunlight coming in from the glass roof.
Once you understand love, you don’t need a reward for your kindness or compassion just like you don’t need a reward for breathing.” - Vironika Tugaleva
Wishing all my readers a happy Valentine's Day. May your life always be filled with abundant love.
Here are some nice quotes I came across:
* Be close to that person who makes you happy but be closer to that person who can't be happy without you.
* Love multiplies when reciprocated.
* Spread love everywhere you go. Let on one ever come to you without leaving happier.
* The most memorable people in your life will be the ones who loved you when you weren't very lovable.
* Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
* Don't chose the one who is beautiful. Choose the one who makes your world beautiful.
* To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world.
* You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfect.
* Life isn't finding someone to live with. It's finding someone you can't live without.
* Being a parent is one of the hardest things you'll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.
Thursday, 13 February 2014
Indulge in an unforgettable chocolate with loved one at 360 MALL
Enjoy the delicious chocolate Fountain, Chocolate sculptures, Chocolate delights sampling, beverage bar, Italian Hot chocolate, Signature Mocktails and Live Music today, tomorrow and Saturday by the popular Hassan Karam from "Al Sheyab" group that appeared on Arab Got talent. This is in collaboration with Missoni Hotel
Shared via 360 Mall Facebook page
Event : From Thursday 13 February to Saturday 15 February 2O14