Wednesday 12 February 2014

JO MALONE FRAGRANCE

I tried two fragrances at Jo Malone, Grand Avenues Mall. There were two which I liked, one was 'Peony and Blush Suede' and the other was 'English Pear and Freesia'. I tried them both on either wrists and top of my hand and told the sales person, I will be back. I usually don't buy perfumes immediately upon trying them on. I like to see how it smells after half an hour to one hour. There are times, when I wouldn't buy the same day I try, I'd see how it smells the whole day and this let's me know how long the fragrance would last. Then I'd go back another day and buy the fragrance if I really liked it. That's the best way to buy a perfume. Anyway  I walked around in the Grand Avenues, took pictures, dropped into a few shops and then returned to Jo Malone store after an hour or so.  I decided to go for 'English Pear and Freesia'. I thought that suited me most. To me, when I first tried it on,  it was bit on the strong side with a floral-fruity-woody feel to it and I felt it made a beautiful winter perfume. Within an hour or so,  the fragrance turned floral and powdery with a right amount of warmth from the woody element. I am a person who enjoys wearing only floral fragrances.  I usually don't go for spicy, oud, woody or powdery fragrances. Though I was surprised with my choice, I liked the way English Pear and Freesia smelt on me. Perfect for winter evenings. 

'Peony and Blush Suede' is a new fragrance from Jo Malone which I really liked as well. It has a very gentle blend of citrus from red apple and the fragrance bursts with beautiful floral bloom. 



No comments: