|One for my hubby and one for me!|
WHAT'S FOR BREAKFAST?
This is a healthy and delicious vegetarian croissant sandwich. You can create your own ideas for the filling. Let me share with you a simple yet nutritious high energy breakfast, that will make you feel like a race horse. LOL...maybe not a race horse...but it will certainly make you feel good and healthy. It has all the essential nutrients, proteins, carbs, antioxidants and vitamins that makes up a good breakfast to get you started and sustain during the day.
Ingredients for one person:
I medium croissant (the one in the picture is a freshly baked croissant from Geant Hypermarket, 360 Mall)
* 1 tablespoon to 1 teaspoon low fat feta cheese (the one I used is low fat, low salt from Al Marai).
(Can be substituted with low fat cottage or any low fat cheese you have or you can spread low fat non-sour yoghurt)
* Grated carrot (1/4 carrot) as you desire
* Red Bell pepper thinly sliced
* 3 to 4 thin slices of tomato
* Sliced onions lightly fried or sauted in 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
* Boiled and mashed potatoes cooked with salt - 1 to 2 tablespoon (optional)
* A few Black spanish de-seeded olives (optional)
Slit the croissant sideways lengthwise. Spread the low fat feta OR any low fat cheese OR low fat non sour yoghurt on one side. On the other side, place the thinly sliced tomatoes and red bell pepper, sliced onions sauted in olive oil, followed by grated carrot, mashed potatoes and olives. As you prepare the sandwich, sprinkle salt to taste. Add black pepper powder if you wish. I didn't add any black pepper. I mentioned 'optional' for certain ingredients as each person's personal preference vary and you can add or omit as you desire. Enjoy your breakfast!!!!
* You can even have this for lunch instead of breakfast, along with a bowl of green salad or home made vegetable soup of your choice.
Approximately 180 to 200 calories.