Tuesday 2 August 2011

RAMADAN SWEETS

Ramadan always bring nice memories of my children during their school days here. After breaking of fast, entire Kuwait come alive with people, traffic and activities everywhere. We used to go walking in Salmiah streets, Marina Mall, Fanar Mall and Sultan Center, during the vibrant Ramadan nights, with shops closing very late and the streets crowded with people. This was before the Avenues Mall or 360 Mall started. I wasn't on a 'diet' then, and sweets were a family favourite. My children and I used to buy Ramadan sweets of their choice and enjoy them.
Every year, there is a huge demand for sweets during the month of Ramadan. One of the most visually enticing treat is seeing a great variety of sweets all over Kuwait during this month. My personal favourite has always been the Kunafa. Anyways, with my diet and the choice I made of eating healthy foods, I have been avoiding rich foods and sweets. But I would try out just a few of my favourite sweets sometime without allowing it to sabotage my diet. I've worked way too hard to just give up. For those observing the Ramadan fast, it's best to be absolutely cautious not to indulge in too many sweets, or overindulge in heavy food,  and make sure you eat healthy and right during Ramadan.

After my one hour walk in 360 Mall on Friday, I dropped into Geant Hypermarket and enjoyed clicking away when I saw the display of freshly prepared Ramadan sweets.















No comments: