Wednesday 26 October 2011

WALKING FOR EXERCISE AT THE WATERFRONT

Needlesss to say how important walking is for exercise; it's really, one of the best outdoor exercise you could get on a regular basis. Now that the weather is fantastic, get into your walking shoes and go outdoors and exercise. Where? The best places to walk in Kuwait, are the paved walkways at the Waterfront - the coastline along Gulf Road, or the public parks and the Avenues Mall. These are the three places I frequent for my regular walks. When I got a little bored walking everyday at the public park in Salmiah, I decided to add some interesting change to my agenda. I decided to walk twice a week at the Waterfront (adjacent Marina Cresent), thrice a week in the park and once a week at the Avenues Mall. And now I am enjoying my walks immensely. I prefer to walk when there is daylight, so I can see everything around me and cherish the nature around me and head home by sunset. The sea is beautiful, so is the sky..and there are so many people walking, running and cyling at the waterfront. Very encouraging when you see them.  Well, it shouldn't really matter what part of the day you choose to exercise,...as long you exercise!. Here are some pictures I took during my walk yesterday at the Marina Waterfront. Oh one more thing, on a clear day, the sunset at Marina Waterfront around 5.20pm to 5.30pm, is just absolutely amazing. Yesterday the skies were hazy so I couldn't capture the sunset. Will do that on a clearer day.


 
 








 


 




 

2 comments:

LWDLIK said...

Great pics of my fav spot :O)

Micheal Alexander said...

Thank you for your articles that you have shared with us. Hopefully you can give the article a good benefit to us. Dockside Waterfront Grill