Tuesday 2 February 2016

MY BEST SUNSET CAPTURE

Two weeks ago, on a Friday, we were at the Sharq Market beach (Sharq mall). The sky was grey and dreary; it didn't appear we could capture a proper sunset. I am absolutely in love with sunsets. My husband said,  'looks like the sky isn't very kind today'. So we just sat on one the benches gazing at the calm waters, the boats passing by, people picnicking, small children running around, their little joy filled voices like an orchestra in the cold air,  cats and kittens making rounds hoping they would too would get a share of picnic delicacies from kind hearted people.

And then as if to surprise us with a beautiful visual treat,  the canvas in the sky just flipped from dreary to an amazing design of clouds painted with an invisible paintbrush and a beautiful glowing sunset amid them. I said to my husband, 'may be the sky heard you and decided to be kind after all'. It was thrilling to see the colors in the sky change every minute as the sun began to set. The beautiful sun glowed in gorgeous orange looking almost like planet Saturn with a ring around it. My husband said, 'you know that's not Saturn'. I couldn't put my camera down. I kept holding on to my camera clicking away.  I didn't want to miss a single scene where the colors of the sun and sky kept changing every minute until the sun set in the horizon.

I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.














No comments: