Friday 8 July 2011

HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHERRIES

 
Red cherries are one of my favourite fruits especially the sweet ones. As a little child, I used to be filled with excitement each time my father would come home with a little wooden box of red cherries from the fruit market, whenever available during the summer. I think I consumed more cherries as a child than as an adult. Do you know cherries are known as 'Super Fruit'. Let me share with you why they are are so super duper for our health.

* They contain highest levels of antioxidants compared to other fruits, which have disease fighting properties. 
* They contain high amounts of beta carotene, Vitamin C, pottasium, magnesium, iron, fibre and folate.
* Consuming cherries regularly helps to reduce pain of arthritis.
* Reduces risk to heart disease.
* Contains melatonin that helps regulate body's natural sleep patterns.
* Delays aging process.
* Improves memory.
* Aids in losing weight.
* Reduces risk of cancer.

Cherries in boxes at Sultan Center Salmiah
I saw some wonderful red cherries at Sultan Center Salmiah and they must be available in all Sultan Center outlets. 

No comments: