I had to be patient to get a shot of of this busy monkey as he moved so swiftly amid the bushes and plants. And lo, he suddenly became still as if to say, 'I found something'.
Photo taken at Sculpture zone, Thenmala Eco touristic park in Quilon, Kerala, India
Some interesting fun facts on monkeys
* There are about 264 species of monkeys!
* Quite human like, monkeys communicate using vocal sounds, facial expressions, and body movements.
*Grinning or pulling the lip is a sign of aggression in monkeys, along with yawning, head bobbing, and jerking the head and shoulders forward.
* Monkeys spend a great deal of time by grooming each other. That's how they express affection and make peace with others.
* A group of monkeys is called a "troop".
* Howler monkeys are the noisiest monkeys. Their howls can be heard for about two miles in the forest and almost three miles in an open area.
* The smallest monkeys are about 6 inches long and 4 ounces. The largest ones can be around 3 feet long and weigh up to 77 pounds !.
*Monkeys are great swimmers; though they don't like to be in the water