Thursday 9 February 2012

DAWN FRENCH ON HER AMAZING WEIGHT LOSS


Dawn French, 54 year old British actress, writer and comedienne managed to shed 7 stone, 7lbs and looks fabulous. She would certainly inspire a lot of women out there who are obese and want to lose weight but somehow were unable to get around to actually doing it. If you might wonder what is the secret to her weight loss, or if she followed a secret diet, well, you'd be surprised, there wasn't anything like that. Her weight loss is a result of conscious healthy eating and exercise. 'I don’t eat bread, potatoes or pasta now. 'I don’t have chocolate in my house. That is really hard', said Dawn French. 

She misses her larger self and went on to say, 'I was never actually unhappy then so it’s not the case that I was miserable and I’m happy now. I look slightly different now, yes, but the fuss has been remarkable,” Dawn tells Woman magazine. "I didn’t lose weight because of some weird self–hatred,” she says firmly. But I started to wake up to the fact that if I got any bigger, I was going to be tipping into a dangerous area".

Back, in 2009, before the incredible weight loss, she said, "I think the medical term for my condition is called "body blindness".

Dawn French before losing weight

After and before losing weight
 Dawn French after her incredible weight loss


5 comments:

LWDLIK said...

She looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

Her performances on "Vicar of Dibley" are still a source of enjoyment for me. What a talent!
ed

Anonymous said...

You know what?
I preferred her with the extra 7 stone!

She's stunning and always was but I think she's suited to being a larger lady.

Anonymous said...

Well done Dawn. In the before and after photo, the after you are a little too thin, but the photo with the hearts on your outfit you look really great. If you can stick to that weight YOU LOOK FANTASTIC. I think your great whatever but it is more comfortable to be not quite so big. xx

Katherine said...

What is wrong with some of the commenters above? Ms French is NOT now too thin. People are never happy? Do you know how difficult it is to lose this much weight? I've done it....and it's a real feat. Keeping it off after is even harder. I salute her, think she looks fantastic, and am glad she did it for her health, especially.