Monday 21 January 2013

NANTA 'COOKING' COMEDY SHOW BY SOUTH KOREAN ARTISTS

Nanta, is a very entertaining non-verbal South Korean show that depicts comedy, precision artistic drumming, acrobatics, musical talents, rhythmic dance movement and a bit of magic as well, by four performers dressed as chefs. They create music using household items, kitchen vessels, utensils and cutlery. This was held yesterday as a part of the ongoing 19th Qurain Cultural Festival.


We went for this beautiful show yesterday and it was held in Dasma theater. I have never seen anything quite unique like this before. The show is about four chefs who are told by their manager that they should prepare food for a wedding by 6pm. Time is short which makes them nervous and also, they must teach cooking to the manager’s nephew which adds to their disappointment. They are not happy about the addition of the manager's nephew in their team. However, as time pass, the nephew becomes a vital part of the team. Nanta show is non verbal and people from all across the world can appreciate, understand and enjoy a good laugh and be thoroughly entertained from the beginning till end. Humorous scenes in the kitchen take place as they cook, clean, create music with wonderful beats using kitchen utensils and cutlery. The chefs engage the audience by inviting a few to the stage to help out. The audience is also encouraged to clap, cheer and follow comical instructions that actually gets the crowd involved and entertained.

Although I carried my camera with me, I didn't take any photos. The audience were requested not to take pictures and video, although I saw so many people taking photos, once the show started. When I took out my camera, my husband reminded me to abide by the organizer's request.  The photos I shared here are from past Nanta performances held by the same group in Korea. This is to give you an idea of what it was like. 










No comments: