There are somethings we are so used to doing after a meal like having a piece of fruit, a cup of tea, or loosening the belt after a heavy meal or taking a shower or going for a walk, assuming it will aid digestion. Some of us even take a nap or go off into deep slumber. Those who are used to smoking, will usually be found having a smoke after a meal. It probably never occurred to you that these simple habits are actually dangerous. Read and see why.
1. Don’t smoke - Experiments from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher)
2. Don’t eat fruits immediately - Immediately eating fruits after meals will cause stomach to be bloated with air. Therefore take fruits 1 -2 hours after meal or 1 hour before meal.
3. Don’t drink tea - Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the protein content in the food we consume to be hundred thus difficult to digest.
4. Don’t loosen your belt - Loosening the belt after meal will easily cause the intestine to be twisted and blocked.
5. Don’t bathe - Bathing after meal will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs and body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease, this will weaken the digestive system in our stomach. I remember my mother telling me this as a child not to take a bath after a meal and I never asked her why.
6. Don’t walk about - People always say that after a meal walk a hundred steps and you will live till 99. In actual fact this is not true. Walking will cause the digestive system to be unable to absorb the nutrition from the food we intake. Wait for 1.5 to 2 hours to go for your walk or exercise
7. Don’t sleep immediately - The food we intake will not be to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric and infection in our intestine. Have your dinner 2 to 3 hours before going to bed.
My friend had posted this on her facebook page (from World General Knowlege) and I thought of sharing it in my blog.