Sunday 16 June 2013

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY



Happy Father's Day to all you wonderful 'dad's.

As the world celerbates father's day, I wish every father, a Happy Father's Day. It's not easy being a father or a parent. And you can never be a perfect parent. But it's the most beautiful gift in the world, to be a parent, raise your child(ren), go through the ups and downs, support your children and experience the gift of love. Even if your child may or may not tell you, the fact remains, you as a parent are always treasured and cherished in their hearts forever!

When I was a child, I never knew what my parents thought, felt or went through, until I became a parent and raised a daughter and a son who are now adults . I never truly expressed to my father whom I called, 'Papa',  how much he meant to me and how much I admired him. He was a man of few words. With people he was close to, he opened up, laughed and joked and had a fabulous time. He was passionate about singing and had a beautiful voice. During family get togethers and parties, he would sing that would keep the listeners spell bound and they'd ask him to sing more.  He could play the indian musical instrument 'Harmonium' so well.  He was always concerned about my brother and myself and instilled in us important values.  He loved my children so much and I was fascinated by how much he enjoyed and laughed in their company. If he were alive today, I'd have so much to share with him.  I could never him repay him ever for all that he's done for us.  Even now when my uncles and close relatives share stories of my father's childhood, youth, his years in the military, I listen with great pleasure. He worked hard to be a good father though sadly he grew up without a father as his father had passed away when he was a boy of ten. I hope I made him proud as a daughter and for ever I shall cherish him. I could never thank him enough.  

No comments: