Wednesday 2 April 2014

LA SALADE RESTAURANT AT JEWELRY ZONE GRAND AVENUES

Two weeks ago, I was at the Grand Avenues, it was way past my lunch time, and I was famished. Since I've been trying to eat healthy, I decided to try out La Salade at the Jewelry Zone. I ordered grilled chicken breast with sauted vegetables and saffron rice. Before the order arrived, I was served assorted breads and olive paste in olive oil and chilli infused olive oil. I just loved the olive paste with the bread sticks. I couldn't help asking for more, the olive paste that is. 

My order arrived. I liked the marinade they used for the chicken breasts, it was divine. I felt the chicken would have been great if was tender and succulent.  Perhaps they could have done that if they added some yoghurt or vinegar in the marinade, to get the nice texture. I found it bit tough. The vegetables included sauted broccoli, cauliflower and carrot which could have been steamed or cooked a wee bit more. The saffron rice was just amazing. Now this order was from their a la carte menu that has plenty of healthy choices. Besides that, there is a salad buffet with a variety of sauted and steamed vegetables, fruits and healthy dressing and if you are health conscious and strict about what you have, there is lot to choose from. Marinated chicken, shrimp, and meat is available as a part of the salad buffet which will be grilled for you.

They have both outdoor and indoor seating areas. The staff was very pleasant and friendly. Their service was great.  





























No comments: