Saturday 24 November 2012

WEIGHT LOSS - WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?



I stumbled upon this short but profound statement....

Life is hard. You just have to choose which hard you want - obesity or transformation 
(Bellyfit Club)

I couldn't agree more with this statement. You know, reading this statement took me way back to 2004, when  I was on the heavier side. I was getting treated for a severe hip injury.  My doctor told me all sorts of scary things that can happen if I wasn't going to lose weight. I was at a turning point in my life, where I had to decide whether I chose illness or good health. My doctor literally forced me to lose weight.  The only magic that happened really was changing my attitude and mindset towards food, exercising restraint against cravings, a healthy low calorie diet and plenty of exercise and giving priority to my health and wellbeing. It took me around 8 to 10 months to reach my target weight ideal to my height. And at the end of it all,  I was so happy, relieved and I cannot express how good and lighter I felt. Over the years, I had to manage my weight and like all people, I do get tempted, and I do have a tendency to put on a few kilos if I don't watch my diet or exercise. I know weight management is  a life long process. But it's not a hard thing, as I have understood why it's so important to eat right and eat healthy. So I've grown to be aware of what I eat and drink.  At times I do allow myself to eat some of my favourite stuff in managed amounts that would not obstruct my calorie intake.

If you choose transformation then you also know what you have to let go, and what you have to do to lose weight. It's simple, eat less, eat healthy and exercise. It's just a matter of changing your old food habits to an improved one. The transition from unhealthy eating habits and sedentary life style to a healthy one might seem hard. It's only temporary phase and you will get through - be hell bent on transformation! And believe me, you have all the power within you  to lose weight. Just don't go back to your old eating and drinking habits and say no to junk food, overeating and binging.

Visit my previous posts on healthy weight loss, go to the title 'Labels' on the right column of my blog page and click on  'weight loss'.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello thank you very much for this nice sharing.
Weight Loss Warwick QLD

lose weight said...

Life is not a hard one, try to burn your fat ...