Wednesday 14 September 2011

MISS UNIVERSE 2011 LEILA LOPES

The Miss Universe 2011 competition started off with 89 participants from all around the world in Sao Paolo, Brazil. Miss Leila Lopes of Angola was crowned Miss Universe 2011. Lopes is a 23 year old business student in UK. She is 5 ft, 10.5 inches tall.
To an interview question, Miss Universe Leila Lopes said she never had any cosmetic surgery of any kind and her smile was the best weapon in the competition.  'Thank God, I am very satisfied with the way God created me and I wouldn't change a thing. I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty. I have accepted many wonderful principles from my family and I intend to follow them for the rest of my life', expressed Lopes.
"I've worked with various social causes. I work with poor kids, I work in the fight against HIV. I work to protect the elderly and I have to do everything that my country needs," she said. "I think now as Miss Universe I will be able to do much more."
Three tips for beauty from Leila Lopes is:
1. Get a lot of sleep,
2. Use sun block even when it's not sunny
3. Drink lots of water.
Miss Universe organization is run by NBC and Donald Trump. The president of Miss Universe organization is Paula Shugart.

1st runner up - Olesia Stefanko, Ukraine
2nd runner up - Priscila Machado, Brazil
3rd runner up - Shamcey Supsup, Phillipines
4th runner up - Luo Zilin, China

Leila Lopes

Leila Lopes



Leila Lopes being crowned by last year's  Miss Universe 2010 Ximena Navarette of Mexico



Leila Lopes of Angola crowned Miss Universe 2011


RUNNERS UP

1st runner up - Olesia Stefanko, Ukraine

2nd runner up - Priscila Machado, Brazil
3rd runner up - Shamcey Supsup, Phillipines
4th runner up - Luo Zilin, China



No comments: