Monday 20 June 2011

HOPPIN' JOHN STRINGBAND A BEAUTIFUL PERFORMANCE

Alicia Jo Rabins, Sarah Alden, Sean Condron and Taylor Bergren-Chrisman, of the Hoppin' John Stringband gave a beautiful performance with songs and music that touched the hearts of the audience in special way at the musical ensemble held at Al Babtain Central Library yesterday evening. I am glad my husband and I could attend it. 

The songs and music played yesterday are:
* Sail Away Ladies
* Chinqapin Hunting
* Will the Circle be unbroken
* Hop High
* Elzic's Farewell 
* Nine Pound Hammer
* Cluck Old Hen
* The Blackest Crow
* Fort Washington Two step
* Tennessee Waltz 
* This Land is Your Land
* So Long (Woody Guthrie)
* Bright Morning Stars 
* Keep on the Sunny Side
 (I hope I didn't miss out any song )
  
Here are two pictures I took of their performance.
Taylor Bergen-Chrisman (Bass), Alicia Jo Rabins (Fiddle & Voice), Sarah Alden (Fiddle & Voice), and  Sean Condron (Guitar, Banjo and Mandolin)



No comments: