Thursday 23 June 2011

KNOW YOUR VALUE


A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. 
In the room of 200, he asked:
"Who would like this $20 bill?"
 Hands started going up. He said:
"I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first,
let me do this."
 

He proceeded to crumple the dollar bill up.
He then asked:
"Who still wants it?"
Still the hands were up in the air.


"Well," he replied, "what if I do this?"
And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into
the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty.
"Now who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air.


"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson.
No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because
it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20.


Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground
into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that
come our way. We feel as though we are worthless.
But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you
will never lose your value. To those who love you, you are
priceless.


The worth of our lives come not in what we do or who we know
but by who we are!

2 comments:

Vasu said...

Aunty I was thinking about this story on my way back home from work just last evening! :)

Vasu said...

thanks for sharing!