According to The Independent, here are the world's best places for women. This report was prepared by them for the International Women's Day earlier this month.
1. Best place to be a woman: Iceland
Iceland is said to have the greatest equality between men and women, taking into account politics, education, employment and health.
2. Best place to be a mother: Norway
Norway is the world's best place to be a mother, based on health, education and economic conditions and low risks of maternal mortality.
3. Best place to read and write for women: Lesotho
Literacy rates among women in Lesotho are higher than men. 95 per cent of women are able to read and write, compared with 83 per cent of men.
4. Best place to be a woman in the arts: Sweden
The Swedish Arts Council has launched initiatives to provide women with equal opportunities and rights as men. The Swedish Film Institute requires that film grants be distributed evenly between men and women and there are quotas for women in film production.
5. Best place to be a female top dog: Thailand
Thailand has the greatest percentage of women in senior management (45 per cent).
6. Best place to give birth: Greece
Greece is believed to be the world's safest place to give birth, with a one in 31,800 risk of dying in childbirth.
7. Best place for women in economic participation: Bahamas
The Bahamas is considered the best place for economic participation and opportunity for women
8. Best place to be a woman journalist: Caribbean
In the Caribbean region, women journalists report the highest proportion of TV, print and radio news stories (45 per cent).
9. Best place for women’s right to choose: Sweden
Sweden permits women to have abortions without restrictions for the first 18 weeks of pregnancy, devoid of any mandatory consent requirements.
10. Best place for women to earn money: Luxembourg
Luxembourg shares the top spot (with Norway) for estimated income earned by women. When income is capped at $40,000, women and men earn the same amount.
11. Best place for women to live long: Japan
Women in Japan can expect to live long upto 87 compared to men living up to an average of 80 years.
12. Best place to be a lady of leisure: Denmark
Women in Denmark have more time for leisure, spending only 57 more minutes each day on unpaid work than men.
13. Best place to be a woman athlete: US
Five of the top 10 highest-paid female sport athletes in 2011 were from the US.
14. Best place to leave your husband: Guam
The island of Guam has the highest divorce rate in the world.
15. Best place for high-skilled jobs for women: Jamaica
Jamaica has the highest number of women in high-skilled jobs, such as legislators, senior officials and managers. Almost 60 per cent of these roles are filled by women.
Visit The Independent to read the full report on "World's best and worst places to be a Woman"