Wednesday 21 March 2012

MOTHER'S DAY POEMS


I came across these beautiful poems, which I must share with you. The poems reflect our feelings towards our mothers and the feelings our children hold for us. I dedicate this post to my grandmother whom I adored, my mother who was a pillar of strength, courage and wisdom, and my beautiful children - my daughter and son.

Grandma too
While we honor all our mothers
With words of love and praise
While we tell about their goodness
And their kind and loving ways.
We should also think of Grandma, 
She’s a mother too, you see…
For she mothered my dear mother
As my mother mothers me.

To My Mother
I just want to thank you 
For your warm smiles
Your encouragement
Your words of wisdom
That still guide me today
Thanks for everything
Happy Mother’s Day
-C Harding

A Mother's Prayer For You
I said a Mother's Day prayer for you
to thank the Lord above
for blessing me with a lifetime
of your tenderhearted love.

I thanked God for the caring
you've shown me through the years,
for the closeness we've enjoyed
in time of laughter and of tears.

And so, I thank you from the heart
for all you've done for me
and I bless the Lord for giving me
the best mother there could be!

Everything Mom
How did you find the energy, Mom
To do all the things you did,
To be teacher, nurse and counselor
To me, when I was a kid.

How did you do it all, Mom,
Be a chauffeur, cook and friend,
Yet find time to be a playmate,
I just can’t comprehend.

I see now it was love, Mom
That made you come whenever I’d call,
Your inexhaustible love, Mom
And I thank you for it all.
-By Joanna Fuchs

What “Mother” Means
“Mother” is such a simple word,
But to me there’s meaning seldom heard.
For everything I am today,
My mother’s love showed me the way.

I’ll love my mother all my days,
For enriching my life in so many ways.
She set me straight and then set me free,
And that’s what the word “mother” means to me.

Thanks for being a wonderful mother, Mom!
-By Karl Fuchs

You are loved very much
Somehow we always say the least
to those we love the best
And hope our thoughts
are understood.
Although they're unexpressed -
That's why it means
so very much,
when days like this are here
To say how very much
you're loved
each day throughout the year.

No comments: